Students and Tenants
We want to assist you in finding a suitable property in the right location that matches your requirements and meets current safety regulations.
We use a simple Tenancy Agreement with easy to understand terms, accessible to prospective tenants and guarantors at any time. We’re committed to ethical initiatives such as electric company vehicles, and supporting local authorities’ sustainability drives, including marketing without ‘To Let’ boards to help reduce crime and preserve the aesthetics of the area.
Top Tips for Tenants:
- Don’t rush!There is more than enough quality private rented student accommodation in Newcastle for everyone so take your time.
- Make sure you are happy with who you will be living with. Once you sign the tenancy, you have entered a legally binding Make a checklist of what you need from your accommodation; rent, location, facilities, condition etc.
- Come see us first, we will have a vast amount of quality properties available. Ask to see the contract before you sign it and if in doubt get the Students’ Union Advice Centre to look over it for you.
- Good quality properties in areas that aren’t on a Metro line or that involve a half hour walk into the city centre, such as Fenham or the far side of Heaton, are often available for as much as £50 per person per week less than more expensive areas such as Jesmond or the Quayside. This can mean saving over £2500 over the course of a 12 month tenancy! Well worth a look…
- Make sure you are happy with who you will be living with. Once you sign the tenancy, you have entered a legally binding agreement
- Ask your agent for a 10 month tenancy – typically from September to July – to avoid paying rent when you’ve already finished University and gone home for the summer